[CentOS-devel] installing cbs client on Fedora

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Fri Jun 5 07:42:58 UTC 2020

On 04/06/2020 14:41, Jonathan Billings wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 03, 2020 at 09:24:33PM -0500, Brian Stinson wrote:
>> We definitely need some work here, but a good first step is to get
>> this out of personal accounts on github.
>>
>> If you don't mind forking this, we can start:
>> https://git.centos.org/centos/centos-packager
>> I know this isn't the first round of tries at porting this to
>> python3
>
> This is the centos-packager package that uses git.centos.org as
> upstream, as well as some commits from your github repo:
>
> https://github.com/jsbillings/centos-packager
>
> The more complex changes are in python-centos, which I have here:
>
> https://github.com/jsbillings/python-centos
>
> I can't find a repo for that on git.centos.org.
>
> There are some changes from this repo that I'm thinking about
> incorporating too:
>
> https://github.com/khardix/python-centos
>
> I only did a quick once-over but there are a lot of good changes there
> that probably are worth including, including a rewrite of the
> python-centos spec file in the py3-compat branch.

Wondering if it makes sense to "enhance" this script as it will
disappear soon , when we'll have all switched to the updated solution
for Fedora and CentOS.
So that will mean new certs, new tool, etc.
The new tool, using IPA/noggin, will itself be named fasjson and
fasjson-client.
The cert part was requested some time ago and is now merged (but not yet
tested) :

 - https://github.com/fedora-infra/fasjson/issues/28
 - https://github.com/fedora-infra/fasjson-client/pull/11

--