[CentOS-devel] CentOS 8 and qla2xxx

Lamar Owen

lowen at pari.edu
Tue Jun 16 15:57:24 UTC 2020

On 6/16/20 11:22 AM, Chris Schanzle via CentOS-devel wrote:
> Thanks for the heads-up on this.  How did you check the ID list?
>
> I have some ISP-2532 cards (8 Gb) and assumed they would work, but
> would like to verify before kickstarting the box.  lspci says:

I don't remember exactly how I found it (might have been a search, might
have been the ELrepo driver update disk page, don't remember), but you
can look at
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/8/html/considerations_in_adopting_rhel_8/hardware-enablement_considerations-in-adopting-rhel-8
and get an idea.  The ELrepo DUD page (
http://elrepoproject.blogspot.com/2019/08/rhel-80-and-support-for-removed-adapters.html
) has other pointers.  I used an ELrepo DUD myself to install C8 on a
Dell PowerEdge 1950; worked fine, just had to remember to enable ELrepo
before updating to 8.2.2004 yesterday.  You can get the actual PCI ID by
using lspci -n and grep the output for the PCI bus enumerator (04:00.0
in your case).

Using the DUD was dirt-simple: dd the DUD ISO to a small USB key, have
the USB key in a USB port during installation, install picks up anything
with a label of OEMKEY.  The ELrepo pages say more.