[CentOS-devel] CentOS 8 and qla2xxx

Tue Jun 16 13:36:04 UTC 2020
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

I have several servers with QLogic fibre-channel HBAs in the ISP24xx
series, notably the ISP2432.  This card has been removed from the C8
kernel's ID list.  I looked at ELrepo, but there's not a kmod for the
qla2xxx like there is for megaraid_sas (which I'm using; many thanks to
ELrepo), and I don't see the qla2xxx referenced in the patchlist for the
CentOS Plus kernel-plus packages.

Anyone else here using these older 4Gb fibre-channel cards with C8? The
Bugzilla number referenced by the changelog (1572233) is of course not
accessible, even when I'm logged in and have a valid subscription to
RHEL; I would like to know the rationale (similar to target mode on
qla2xxx; apparently a 'management' decision to not support; I would love
to just know why).

I know 4Gb fibre-channel isn't exactly exciting tech these days, but I
have a lot of storage that uses it that isn't going to be upgraded any
time soon.  I have a ton of ISP2464 cards, but they're just a bit too
large to fit in a Dell PE1950.  Yeah, might be a bit old but they still
have a lot of life left in them for lots of uses!