[CentOS-devel] CPE Weekly: 2020-06-21

Sun Jun 21 22:36:47 UTC 2020
Aoife Moloney <amoloney at redhat.com>

---
title: CPE Weekly status email
tags: CPE Weekly, email
---

# CPE Weekly: 2020-06-21

Background:
The Community Platform Engineering group is the Red Hat team combining
IT and release engineering from Fedora and CentOS. Our goal is to keep
core servers and services running and maintained, build releases, and
other strategic tasks that need more dedicated time than volunteers
can give.

See our wiki page here for more
information:https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/cpe/

## General Project Updates

Please check out our updated initiative timetable for briefing in new
projects to our team
here:https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/cpe/time_tables/
*Note: Initiatives are large pieces of work that require a team of
people and weeks/months to complete. Please continue to open tickets
in the normal way for bugs, issues, etc.

Dont forget to view our taiga board to see the projects we are
currently working on, what we have scoped and whats in our backlog
https://tree.taiga.io/project/amoloney1-cpe-team-projects/kanban?epic=null

CPE Product Owner Office Hours
* Weekly on Thursdays @ 1300 UTC on #fedora-meeting-1
* Every second Tuesday @ 1500 UTC on #centos-meeting (next meeting 23rd June)

## Fedora Updates

### Data Centre Move
* We are now officially operating under reduced Fedora services until
est 28th July to facilitate the final shipment of hardware to the new
data centre.
* Most recent update to devel-announce is here
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel-announce@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/5DNRZ4OUUNGSUJONQLEXXP3CKME43SCE/
* A list of affected services is available here
https://hackmd.io/hpYYJQRjQy-oHxUS7IonIA?view
* Details on what this move may mean for you can be found here
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel-announce@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/27U6YT73556KYW2RIFJO6J2HYMYVP22U/
* If an application is not working correctly at all, please check this
list https://hackmd.io/hpYYJQRjQy-oHxUS7IonIA?view before opening a
ticket to make sure its not listed as being moved. If it is being
moved, please wait a day or two, then try again.
* Similarly, please be patient when opening tickets for service issues
in general as we have now reached the critical point in this move and
all of our sys-admins and wider teams will be assisting in the
successful bringup of the reduced Fedora service and facilitation of
the final hardware shipment and move.

### AAA Replacement
* The team are working on the changing application code bases to use
the new solution
* The work required to facilitate multiple contributor agreements
under one account is now complete
* The team have also enabled group attributes during this sprint
* Please feel free to check out the team kanban board for more
information on the features the team are working on and have already
completed here https://github.com/orgs/fedora-infra/projects/6

### Mbbox
* Project Dashboard here https://github.com/fedora-infra/mbbox/projects/1
* Tasks completed in the project currently
    * MBS Frontend CRD + documentation
    * Staging environment - thanks to CentOS CI team
    * MBox shared CRD - certificates and PVCs

* Tasks underway currently
    * Staging environment - testing
    * MBox shared CRD - tests and polishing

### Gitforge
With the data centre move taking most of the teams focus this week,
discussions with gitlab have been quiet. We are still discussing
technical aspects of the project and these are tracked here:
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/issues/217350
We will keep you up to date with the developments as and when we have
information to share and thank you for your patience.

## CentOS Updates

### CentOS
* CentOS Linux 8.2.2004 Released!!!
https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2020-June/035756.html

### Centos Other
* OCP4 staging cluster is up and running
* CentOS will have a booth at Open Source Summit starting June 29th -
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-north-america/

### CentOS Stream
* The team are still working on building packages from the RHEL 8.3
nightly composes

As always, feedback is welcome, and we will continue to look at ways
to improve the delivery and readability of this weekly report.

Have a great week ahead!

Aoife

Source: https://hackmd.io/8iV7PilARSG68Tqv8CzKOQ?view

--