[CentOS-devel] CPE Weekly: 2020-06-28

Sun Jun 28 22:12:23 UTC 2020
Aoife Moloney <amoloney at redhat.com>

---
title: CPE Weekly status email
tags: CPE Weekly, email
---

# CPE Weekly: 2020-06-218
Background:
The Community Platform Engineering group is the Red Hat team combining
IT and release engineering from Fedora and CentOS. Our goal is to keep
core servers and services running and maintained, build releases, and
other strategic tasks that need more dedicated time than volunteers
can give.

See our wiki page here for more
information:https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/cpe/

## General Project Updates

The CPE team have finished our Quarterly Planning for Q3, July -
September, and will begin work on the following projects starting from
Monday 5th July:
* Data Centre Move - Final Works
* CentOS Stream Phase 3
* Noggin Phase 3
* Packager Workflow Healthcare
* Fedora Messaging Schemas

Details of the above projects, and of projects currently in progress,
done and what projects are in our backlog, can be found on our taiga
board per project card:
https://tree.taiga.io/project/amoloney1-cpe-team-projects/kanban?epic=null

We also have an updated initiative timetable for briefing in new
projects to our team & key dates
here:https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/cpe/time_tables/
*Note: Initiatives are large pieces of work that require a team of
people and weeks/months to complete. Please continue to open tickets
in the normal way for bugs, issues, etc.

### CPE Product Owner Office Hours
#### #fedora-meeting-1
* Weekly on Thursdays @ 1300 UTC on #fedora-meeting-1
    * Meeting log from 2020-06-25:
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/teams/cpe_project_owner_office_hours/cpe_project_owner_office_hours.2020-06-25-13.01.log.html
    * Next Meeting: 2020-07-02
#### #centos-meeting
* Every second Tuesday @ 1500 UTC on #centos-meeting
    * Meeting log from 2020-06-23:
https://www.centos.org/minutes/2020/June/centos-meeting.2020-06-23-15.00.log.html
    * Next Meeting: 2020-07-07

## Fedora Updates

### Data Centre Move
* We are now officially operating under reduced Fedora services until
est 28th July to facilitate the final shipment of hardware to the new
data centre.
* Please View project card on taiga for builder - staging - remaining
app bringup dates here
https://tree.taiga.io/project/amoloney1-cpe-team-projects/us/42?kanban-status=2139945
* A list of affected services is available here
https://hackmd.io/hpYYJQRjQy-oHxUS7IonIA?view
* Details on what this move may mean for you can be found here
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel-announce@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/27U6YT73556KYW2RIFJO6J2HYMYVP22U/
* If an application is not working correctly at all, please check this
list https://hackmd.io/hpYYJQRjQy-oHxUS7IonIA?view before opening a
ticket to make sure its not listed as being moved. If it is being
moved, please wait a day or two, then try again.
* Similarly, please be patient when opening tickets for service issues
in general as we have now reached the critical point in this move and
all of our sys-admins and wider teams will be assisting in the
successful bringup of the reduced Fedora service and facilitation of
the final hardware shipment and move.
* Most recent update to devel-announce is here
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel-announce@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/5DNRZ4OUUNGSUJONQLEXXP3CKME43SCE/

### AAA Replacement
* The team are finishing some work on applications including
    * Codebase changes to applications
    * Application maintainers can use the API to look up group and
account information
* And addressing how to add a spam blocking feature
* Please feel free to check out the team kanban board for more
information on the features the team are working on and have already
completed here https://github.com/orgs/fedora-infra/projects/6

### Mbbox
* Project Dashboard here https://github.com/fedora-infra/mbbox/projects/1
* Tasks completed in the project currently
    * MBBox handover to CentOS Stream
    * Mbbox has been deployed to the staging environment
    * Cleaning old code from the project was done
    * Deployment guide - https://mbbox-operator.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
    * Blog post published - check it out here
https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/mbbox-module-building-in-a-box/

* Tasks expected to be complete by 3rd July
    * MBox shared CRD - tests and polishing

### Gitforge
We are still discussing technical aspects of the project and these are
tracked here:
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/issues/217350
And are working on a date in August/September for an AMA session with
GitLab that will be run through IRC for any questions the Fedora and
CentOS communities may have to ask direct.
We will keep you up to date with the developments as and when we have
information to share and thank you for your patience.

## CentOS Updates

### CentOS
* CentOS Linux 8.2.2004 has been released
https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2020-June/035756.html
* CentOS 7.x AMI images to land soon
* Infra Nodes are also moving
* The CentOS CPE team members are also working on a new website design
with the community, so this should be pushed soon too.

### Centos Other
* Fedora CI and Noobaa tenants have been onboarded to CentOS CI infra
* The team are also looking at automation work within CI

### CentOS Stream
* RealTime for Stream is built!
* The team have also finished laying out repos and are doing final
tests with the installer
* This will be pushed to the mirrors very soon so keep an eye out!

As always, feedback is welcome, and we will continue to look at ways
to improve the delivery and readability of this weekly report.

Have a great week ahead!

Aoife

Source: https://hackmd.io/8iV7PilARSG68Tqv8CzKOQ?view

--