[CentOS-devel] CentOS 8 on AWS

Wed Jun 10 15:08:48 UTC 2020
Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>

Am 26.05.20 um 13:01 schrieb Karanbir Singh:
> On 25/05/2020 14:48, Greg Bailey wrote:
>
>> Is there any possibility of having AWS images published both as AMIs
>> *and* in the AWS Marketplace?  Similar to what was done for CentOS 7
>> [1], and what's being done for Fedora [2] ?
>

> the generic cloud image in CentOS Linux 6 and 7 was always compatible
> with the AMI ( it is essentially the same image, just imported and
> registered )
>
> thats the goal I want to get to in CentOS Linux 8 as well, we've just
> had lots of teething issues getting there.

I read through this mail thread and because I am not familiar with AWS I
have still some questions:

Is it possible to use (upload) this images to create instances in AWS?

https://cloud.centos.org/centos/8/x86_64/images/

I known that the CentOS team is hard working on 8.2.2004 but any
progress in getting C8 to AWS Market Place? Are the plans to having
the Official Public Images published with the release of 8.2.2004?

Thanks,
Leon