[CentOS-devel] CentOS logo and brand update on the next board meeting agenda

Tuomas Kuosmanen

tigert at redhat.com
Wed Mar 18 12:27:22 UTC 2020

Hello everyone. I hope everyone is coping as well as possible in the
current events.

There has been a collaborative design effort to update the CentOS logo and
brand, and
we are on the agenda of the next CentOS board meeting (in a week)
to present an update to the current CentOS branding for approval. We are
excited to be at this point.

In the spirit of openness, and because we are human, it could be that some
of us have missed the earlier mail about this [
https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2020-January/036517.html]
So, I am announcing this yet once more, to make sure everyone is aware of
our progress, the upcoming decision, and has a final chance to voice
possible concerns and give feedback.

I want to avoid sending attachments to the mailing list, so please see the
blog post i wrote on January which summarizes the process and features the
proposed logo and brand updates:
https://blog.centos.org/2020/01/updating-the-centos-logo-and-visual-style/

Also, the issue on git.centos.org can be interesting reading for anyone
interested in how we have reached this point:
https://git.centos.org/centos/Artwork/issue/1

The feedback we have received so far has been positive and constructive, so
let us know of any concerns you might have.

Best regards,
Tuomas Kuosmanen