[CentOS-devel] New CBS/SIG signing process

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Wed Mar 11 06:18:32 UTC 2020

On 10/03/2020 22:18, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> That's great, thank you.
>
> Can I see application or configuration for how often you will run it?
> Is it event-driven, or on a timer?

Well, in the initial mail I mentioned a message bus with  koji callback
plugin (even the link to it ;-) ) and the process about trigger through
that callback .. so as soon as someone will have tagged/untagged a build
, a json payload will be posted on the bus (to the MQTT broker but
eventually we'll switch to something else later when we'll fully
converge with Fedora infra) and a listener, subscribed to the bus reacts
directly (or put it in a queue that is processed in serial)

So ideally that will happen in the seconds after the operation finished
in Koji/CBS, but if multiple SIGs are tagging at the same time, they'll
be queued and processed in serial (also directly after) , so no "timer"
involved (no cron if that's your question)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab