[CentOS-devel] CentOS logo and brand update on the next board meeting agenda

John R. Dennison

jrd at gerdesas.com
Mon Mar 30 08:01:16 UTC 2020

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 10:32:16AM -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> I think CentOS Linux and the CentOS Project has developed a brand ..
> people know what it is, and I, for one, do not want it to change.

Agreed.  There is no point in this change.

> I am fine with approving a new, Single color Logo with a more standard
> font as an additive brand, but I like the logo that we have had for the
> last 17 years  ..   well, once we go rid of the pink text :).
>
> I don't want to prevent all change .. but I do think legacy is also
> important.

I've got a bright shiny nickel that says that this is a done deal and
nothing anyone says is going to have any impact whatsoever.  Just
like with so many other things that have happened in the recent past.

							John
--
There's only one way to have a happy marriage and as soon as I learn what it
is I'll get married again.

-- Clint Eastwood