[CentOS-devel] New CBS/SIG signing process

Tue Mar 10 16:42:17 UTC 2020
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 10/03/2020 17:32, James Cassell wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 10, 2020, at 12:27 PM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>> On 10/03/2020 16:17, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>>> Hi all (especially SIG members/contributors) ,
>>>
>> <snip>
>>>
>>> If you have questions, comments, feel free to answer in this thread
>>> and/or #centos-devel on irc.freenode.net
>>>

>> Replying to myself based on a discussion we had with Alfredo in
>> #centos-devel :
>> We'll also stop using mash to generate the initial repositories, so
>> https://cbs.centos.org/repos will completely disappear after the full
>> switch to new system (FWIW)
>>

> What's the replacement for these repos? Specifically, the -candidate versions.
>
> V/r,
> James Cassell

-candidate has never been really something that was supposed to be
exposed as repo to be consumed from. That's the reason only -testing (as
name implies it) and -release were pushed out.
We'll not generate "ready-to-be-consumed" repos for -candidate tags, but
individually people can still "cbs download-build $build_id" straight
from koji/cbs if they want to .

So said differently, we expect SIG to test (through CI and also
externally) what's in the  -testing tag. Does it make sense ? :)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab