[CentOS-devel] SCL maintenance

James Cassell

fedoraproject at cyberpear.com
Tue May 5 18:57:38 UTC 2020

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020, at 2:59 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On 28/04/2020 23:44, BC wrote:
> > I was trying to find a good alternative to rh-git29 on el6 and had
> > some problems sorting it out.
> >
> > 1) https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/SCLo/CollectionsList
> > is out of date compared to either
> > https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/rhscl-rhel6 or
> > https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/rhscl-rhel7.
> >
> > 2) https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/SCLo/CollectionsList
> > is out of date compared to what yum shows.
> >
> > 3) https://www.softwarecollections.org lists both sclo-git{25,212} as
> > TBD even though they are both in the repos.
> >
> > Is there a published lifecycle for non-rhscl packages like sclo-git212?
> >
> > Thanks a bunch!
>
> That's a good opportunity for people willing to volunteer and help the
> SCLo SIG to maintain doc on the wiki :-)
>
> Yesterday I was discussing with Jstanek in #centos-devel about this, as
> there are collections that are EOL and that can be removed/trimmed from
> mirrors.
> With the new SIG signing process in place that's even easier but my
> point in the discussion was also to ensure that then SCLo SIG can
> announce (here and probably on centos-announce list) when an upstream
> collection (and you pointed to the correct URLs) is EOL and so would
> also disappear from mirror.centos.org (and external mirrors too)

Can you provide some guidance on how to get involved with SCLo SIG to rebuild the Red Hat Developer Tools SCLs, as well as other SCLs not currently being built? https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_developer_tools/1/

I'm volunteering to build these if someone can point me in the right direction.  Should I start by building them on Fedora COPR instance?

V/r,
James Cassell