[CentOS-devel] Missing dependencies while rebuilding OpenStack packages

Alfredo Moralejo Alonso

amoralej at redhat.com
Mon May 11 11:51:37 UTC 2020

Hi,

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 1:44 PM Jose Castro Leon <jose.castro.leon at cern.ch>
wrote:

> Hi Cloud SIG,
>

> With every OpenStack release (and also with CentOS 8), we have to rebuild
> some OpenStack packages to be installed at CERN.
>
> Those packages carry downstream patches for integration into our
> environment. While building those, we have
>
> observed that there are some packages that are required to build but are
> not provided in the testing repositories.
>

> In the past, there was a build repository in which those dependencies were
> available. If I recall correctly from a previous
>
> discussion, this is no longer available due to several reasons.
>

> Would it be possible to have the dependencies available in the testing
> repo at least to build the main OpenStack components?
>
> If this is not possible, what would be your suggestion to help us out?

Since some releases ago, we tag and ship in -testing and -release
repositories only runtime dependencies. There are some packages which are
only required to build packages which are tagged in -el8-build tag to be
available during building in CBS and are also shipped in build-deps
repository in RDO Trunk server, i.e.:

https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos8-ussuri/build-deps/latest/

I'd propose you to use or mirror that repository or you can find the list
of packages and download them from CBS in rdoinfo data file for the
specific tag:

https://github.com/redhat-openstack/rdoinfo/blob/master/buildsys-tags/cloud8-openstack-ussuri-el8-build.yml

I hope this helps, let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Alfredo