[CentOS-devel] How CentOS 7 Vagrant images are built

Laurențiu Păncescu

lpancescu at centosproject.org
Fri May 15 13:13:14 UTC 2020

Hi Kevin,

On 5/14/20 3:12 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
 > Huh, thats news to me. Fedora still uses ImageFactory. Upstream is
 > somewhat active. The Fedora main maintainer is not very, but I have been
 > doing builds when needed.

Indeed, just saw that the maintenance has resumed, although none of the
new commits are from Ian (I thought he's not interested in working on
imgfac anymore, so it seemed dead). I also see it's now packaged in
EPEL, which would make it much simpler to install than back then, trying
to find each dependency manually and install from source. Not available
for CentOS 8, though, just for 6 and 7, and we'd probably need builders
to run 8 as a host.

Thanks,
Laurențiu