[CentOS-devel] CPE Weekly: 2020-05-31

Aoife Moloney

amoloney at redhat.com
Sun May 31 20:35:14 UTC 2020

---
title: CPE Weekly status email
tags: CPE Weekly, email
---

# CPE Weekly: 2020-05-31

Background:
The Community Platform Engineering group is the Red Hat team combining
IT and release engineering from Fedora and CentOS. Our goal is to keep
core servers and services running and maintained, build releases, and
other strategic tasks that need more dedicated time than volunteers
can give.

See our wiki page here for more
information:https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/cpe/

## General Project Updates

Please check out our updated initiative timetable for briefing in new
projects to our team
here:https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/cpe/time_tables/
*Note: Initiatives are large pieces of work that require a team of
people and weeks/months to complete. Please continue to open tickets
in the normal way for bugs, issues, etc.

Don't forget to view our taiga board to see the projects we are
currently working on, what we have scoped and whats in our backlog
https://tree.taiga.io/project/amoloney1-cpe-team-projects/kanban?epic=null

I also currently have weekly IRC office hours on #fedora-meeting-1 @
1300 - 1400 UTC and I will have a bi-weekly office hours on
Centos-meeting @ 1500 - 1600 UTC beginning June 9th also, with Rich
Bowen helping me set it up, thanks Rich :)
There is (usually) no agenda for these meetings and is an open floor,
so please feel free to stop by and chat casually, or about any
projects the CPE team are working on/working on next. The choice of
topic is completely yours :)

### Gitforge
Just a quick note to say this project has not made any more notable
progress. Our team have some very time-intensive projects currently in
flight, so our focus has been and will be on the completion of these
projects over the next few months. We are still using the gitlab
project tracker https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/issues/217350
to record issues/technical requirements, and thank you again for your
patience during this slower period of the project, it is very much
appreciated.

## Fedora Updates

### Data Centre Move
* A reduced services offering of Fedora will be in effect from June
8th until July 28th, est.
* This is to complete the final shipment of hardware from Phoenix to
Washington, so please be patient and understanding during this
timeframe as some services will be off and the rest, much slower.
* Kevin Fenzi has sent some details on service validation and a call
to arms to help us meet the June 15th deadline to have the reduced
Fedora operational, please read:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/E7HJULW2S76FZCAICURWXX223N5ZXXD7/
* Details on what this move may mean for you can be found here
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel-announce@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/27U6YT73556KYW2RIFJO6J2HYMYVP22U/

### AAA Replacement
* Adding the ability to sign user agreements
* Adding the blog/website attribute for users
* Client library migration to python-freeipa 1.0.0.

### Mbbox
* Project Dashboard here https://github.com/fedora-infra/mbbox/projects/1
* Sprint 3 is done:
    * Refactor molecule test suit to share test-cases
    * Koji-hub and koji-builder SSL issues solved
* Sprint 4 is in progress
    * Kojira CRD
    * MBS Backend CRD (MBS doesn’t support fedora messaging)
    * Staging environment

## CentOS Updates

### CentOS
*  Post OCP4 cluster Installation tasks - storage, TLS cert/ IDP
configs, exploring operators that we can use.
* We have a public accessible ocp4 cluster
(https://console-openshift-console.apps.ocp.ci.centos.org/). We are on
the verge of figuring out subscriptions.
* Documentation: https://centosci.github.io/ocp4-docs/
* Linux 8.2 work is still with QA

### CentOS Stream
* The team are working on adding some 8.2 builds to Stream that failed
or did not make it into Stream for whatever reason.

As always, feedback is welcome, and we will continue to look at ways
to improve the delivery and readability of this weekly report.

Have a great weekend!

Aoife

Source: https://hackmd.io/8iV7PilARSG68Tqv8CzKOQ?view

--