[CentOS-devel] Is this the right channel to address the board?

Carl George

carl at redhat.com
Fri May 8 20:07:33 UTC 2020

Can we use something more user friendly than mantis?  Pagure is a much
better choice for an issue tracker.  It's already used by the Fedora
Council [0], Fedora Engineering Steering Committee [1], and the EPEL
Steering Committee [2] for this purpose.  I think it would serve the
CentOS Board well.

[0]: https://pagure.io/Fedora-Council/tickets
[1]: https://pagure.io/fesco
[2]: https://pagure.io/epel

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 1:02 PM Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 5/6/20 1:07 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> > On 06/05/2020 18:05, Jim Perrin wrote:
> >> I'm inclined to prefer a ticketing system, honestly. That way the things
> >> that are open or to-be-done are easily viewable and up-front. We can
> >> mark issues done, closed, whatever, and people can interact in a way
> >> that's visible without hunting through a variety of threads for a
> >> decision. It also means (in the specific instance of web work) we can
> >> review, comment, and mark up code done and contributed either as pull
> >> requests, linked items, etc.
> >
> > that works too,
>
> So what's the next step here? Should we ask CPE to stand something up?
> Can we create a new 'Project' on bugs.centos.org?
>
> --
> Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
> @CentOSProject // @rbowen
> 859 351 9166