[CentOS-devel] [RDO][OpenStack] Removal of Pike and Ocata Trunk repos

Thu May 14 06:47:48 UTC 2020
YATIN KAREL <yatinkarel at gmail.com>

Hi,

The topic was discussed in yesterday's RDO meeting[1] and to reach a
wider audience it's being raised here.

Ocata and Pike are in the Extended maintenance phase[2] for more than
a year now, The promotion jobs which used to test these repos were
dropped long ago[3][4]. Now we are planning to drop these trunk
repos[5][6] in the first week of June, 2020. We already stopped
building new commits for pike/ocata[7].

So if anyone still using these repos consider moving to upgrade to
queens or any later releases. If something is blocking you to stop
relying on ocata/pike repos raise your voice here so we can consider
it before dropping the repos.

[1] https://lists.rdoproject.org/pipermail/dev/2020-May/009379.html
[2] https://releases.openstack.org/
[3] https://review.rdoproject.org/r/#/q/topic:remove_pike