[CentOS-devel] CPE Weekly: 2020-05-16

Sat May 16 18:44:46 UTC 2020
Aoife Moloney <amoloney at redhat.com>

# CPE Weekly: 2020-05-16
---
title: CPE Weekly status email
tags: CPE Weekly, email
---

Background:
The Community Platform Engineering group is the Red Hat team combining
IT and release engineering from Fedora and CentOS.Check out our teams
info here https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/cpe/

## GitForge Updates
I am going to try provide weekly updates here
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Git_forge_update, however this is
project is a huge undertaking and will not be achieved over the next
few months, so some weeks I may not have any new information to share
with you.
Currently our entire infra team are engaged in a datacentre move, and
then our team will be assisting in the F33 release so the rest of 2020
is pretty full to say the least!
This lengthy period of investigation is good though because it serves
as a great opportunity to explore every inch of this project
technically to ensure the best possible outcome from this change that
everyone benefits from. We as a team can actively engage in real time
with the community via the [ticket filed in
GitLab](https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/issues/217350) by
cverna for technical mapping and through my office hours on IRC @ 1300
UTC on #fedora-meeting-1 every Thursday for real conversation and
engagement with us. Its optional, but I really appreciate when people
can stop by and talk to me (and us) about this.
During these office hours I was reminded the Pagure community was owed
some insight on how Pagure was viewed during the process. This text
has been ported to a hackmd file from a google doc for readers who use
terminals, etc for easier reading and here is the link to the email
https://lists.pagure.io/archives/list/pagure-devel@lists.pagure.io/thread/JLFPP374GCEMVUXJ3RMA7WSIWBGNGQFA/
Thank you again for your continued engagement with us and your
patience over the coming months as we move slowly through all of the
technical aspects of this project.

### Current Projects We are Working on
The CPE team are using taiga.io for our projects backlog and to show
what projects we are currently working on.
Each team updates their project card with current information on their project.
If you want to see what we currently have in progress, and whats in
our backlog for our next quarter, feel free to check it out at:
https://tree.taiga.io/project/amoloney1-cpe-team-projects/kanban?epic=null
Its a work in progress and not perfect but we hope this is a good way
to get our initiatives out in the public in an easy to see manner.

### CFP Dates
* DevConf.US CFP open - https://www.devconf.info/us/
* CentOS Dojo @ DevConf.US CFP also open -
https://wiki.centos.org/Events/Dojo/DevconfUS2020

### Data Centre Move
* Communishift is unfortunately still offline until mid to end of June.
* Our primary focus is the bringup of the reduced Fedora offering that
is expected to be live from June 15th 2020 and will be in place until
estimated 28th July 2020.
* A recap of services you can expect to still have access to can be
found here https://hackmd.io/hpYYJQRjQy-oHxUS7IonIA?view
* Updates to impacted services are also being posted here
https://status.fedoraproject.org/
* Again, as this project is currently being run by a two man team, we
both appreciate and thank you for your patience for delayed replies to
tickets/requests/pings related to Fedora infra.

### AAA Replacement
* Recent changes include a few bugfixes, UI improvements, and a way
for users to programmatically request a certificate to be signed by
the IPA CA (CentOS packagers authenticate to their Koji instances with
certificates).
* Check out our new side-module Flask-Healthz if you have a Flask app
and you want to add the liveness and readiness checks in OpenShift. We
needed that so we made a reusable module that all our Flask apps
should be able to use should they need to. It’s on PyPI already, and
very simple to use.

### Sustaining Team
* We have Pull Requests for the ansible repo :-) and it works great.
Changes are verified with ansible-review by our Zuul CI.
* Bodhi 5.3 released, looking to deploy it next week in prod (rebuild
bodhi-backend01 to Fedora 32)
* Sigul is buildable now, the last time it was built is on F29.
* Improvement to our Ticket Dashboard, we are in a good place to start using it.
https://fedora-infra.github.io/tbs/
* Next few weeks will be focusing helping with Colo move (deployment
of apps in the IAD2)so some of our team members will be unavailable
for support

## Mbbox
 Our Issue tracker dashboard is here
https://github.com/fedora-infra/mbbox/projects/1
* This weeks work included:
    * Identity container image for testing
    * Set up ReadTheDocs documentation
    * Koji-builder CRD - still some issues connecting to koji-hub, but
most of the work on koji-builder is done
    * Koji-hub CRD documentation
    * Koji-builder MBOX automatic image build on quay.io -this is only
the image we provide as part of mbox, the koji doesn’t provide any

## CentOS Updates

### CentOS CI
* Configured dns/dhcp for the new ocp4 ocp.ci.centos.org cluster
* Provisioned 2 haproxy load balancers
* Provisioned the bootstrap, master and worker ocp4 nodes
* Have the basic openshift 4 cluster up and running internally for
testing/configuration

### CentOS
* CentOS Linux 8.2.2004 is ongoing with QA
* We have most GA content tagged for the upcoming release

As always, feedback is welcome, and we will continue to look at ways
to improve the delivery and readability of this weekly report.

Have a great week ahead!

Aoife

Source: https://hackmd.io/NB88XG9fQpKwPLoHzF1FqQ?view

--