[CentOS-devel] Handling packages retired in epel but not yet available in CentOS?

Fri May 15 18:03:57 UTC 2020
Troy Dawson <tdawson at redhat.com>

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 10:37 AM Michel Alexandre Salim
<michel at michel-slm.name> wrote:
> Or have a "purgatory" repo where packages retired in EL 8.2 get to live
> until, say, a month after CentOS 8.2 is GA? Again, seems like too much work.

Or, perhaps we could archive things before a release.
I guess my reply got trimmed off and/or ignored.

There is the EPEL archives.

This is fairly recent, but we did a snapshot of 8.1 a bit before 8.2 came out.
We plan on doing this for each minor release (7 and 8).
Fedora Archives are not on all the mirrors, so it might be a little
slower, depending on where you get it from, but at least it's there.

https://archives.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/epel/8.1/

Troy