[CentOS-devel] centos8 openvswitch-dpdk RPM

Alfredo Moralejo Alonso

amoralej at redhat.com
Tue Nov 3 15:47:02 UTC 2020

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 3:48 PM Satish Patel <satish.txt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Recently i started playing with openvswitch on centOS for openstack
> SDN, and found centos8 doesn't have openvswitch with dpdk support, I
> was looking around RPM but didn't find any RPM also, do i need to
> compile openviswtch+dpdk support or rpm is available but i am not
> aware of it.

The build of openvswitch included in Train and Ussuri,
openvswitch-2.12-1.el8 has dpdk support disabled as it doesn't work with
the version of dpdk included in CentOS 8.2.

Since Victoria we have openvswitch 2.13 with dpdk enabled coming from NFV
SIG builds. We may backport this to Ussuri although we need to validate if
it breaks updates somehow, so it's still work in progress.

RDO Victoria will be announced very soon (we are in the process of pushing
latest required builds to CentOS official mirrors today).

What version of RDO are you using and how are you deploying it? are you
using TripleO?, depending on it, we may be able to provide some workaround
to update OpenvSwitch to the latest openvswitch manually.

Regards,

Alfredo

~S