[CentOS-devel] CPE Weekly: 2020-11-08

Aoife Moloney

amoloney at redhat.com
Sun Nov 8 22:18:07 UTC 2020

Hi Everyone,

Below is this week's CPE weekly for week ending 2020-11-08 for both
Fedora & CentOS, and if you want to visit the hackmd link
https://hackmd.io/8iV7PilARSG68Tqv8CzKOQ?view you can then use the
header bar on your left to skip to Fedora or CentOS updates that
interest you.

## General Project Updates
We've updated our How to work with us section on our wiki
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/cpe/initiatives/
Updated initative timetable can be viewed here
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/cpe/time_tables/
And we have a new initiative repo live on Pagure
https://pagure.io/cpe/initiatives-proposal

Below are the scheduled projects the CPE team are currently working on
for the months of October, November & December:
* CentOS Stream Phase 4 - Build system services
* Noggin Phase 4 - Data Migration of Fedora & CentOS Accounts, Community testing
* OSBS for aarch64 - this will begin in November
* Fedora Messaging Schemas - this work is continuing from Q3 and is
being worked on part-time

### Misc
#### GitLab
New GitLab topic sent to devel-announce at lists.fedoraproject.org &
centos-devel at centos.org on Message Bus is out. See email in hackmd
here https://hackmd.io/tfOqCXNEQtqsGNLAEfZ2zg?view

## Project Updates
*The below updates are pulled directly from our CPE team call we have
every week.*
### CentOS
* Update CentOS CI Openshift clusters to latest 4.5.16
* Storage resync completed this week.

### CentOS Stream
* The team are working on developing ODCS service in the Stream build infra
* Developing scripts to help automate adding artifacts to module builds
* Check out the CentOS Stream  page on centos.org/centos-stream for
information on the latest download information and how to convert from
CentOS Linux to Stream - especially if you are running on CentOS Linux
6 which is EOL on November 30th :)

### Fedora
* F33 is released!!!!
* F33 arm images are re-created and pushed as a point release
* Testdays app up in openshift stg:
https://testdays.stg.fedoraproject.org/events and may even be in
production at the time of this email!
* Openqa has all hardware up and running except one broken power9 box
- working on resolving this

### Staging Environment
* Build system nearly done - waiting on a firewall change

### Noggin/AAA
* If you maintain an application that uses FAS, please test your app
authentication in staging and report any issues you may find to the
team in #fedora-aaa.
* The team are particularly interested in if you cannot login or your
user does not have the right groups/permissions/attributes, eg
[cla_done]
* The teams kanban board where they track their work can be found here
https://github.com/orgs/fedora-infra/projects/6
* And we have a project tracker available to be viewed here
https://github.com/fedora-infra/aaa-tracker

### OSBS for aarch64
* The team are tracking their work here
https://pagure.io/cpe/osbs-project/issues
* This project started on November 4th and the team are investigating
technical approaches and requirements such as permissions & access to
images.

### Fedora Messaging Schemas
* This project is worked on on a part time basis as we are
prioritizing completing Noggin first before fully committing to its
completion
* There is a list of applications that require messaging schemas can
be found here https://hackmd.io/@nilsph/H1i8CAbkP/edit
* There is a readme which contains documentation on messaging schemas,
a cookie-cutter template to create the schema and a definition of Done
for writing a schemas
https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedora-messaging-schemas-issues
* The board they are working from can be viewed here
https://github.com/orgs/fedora-infra/projects/7

## Team Info
### CPE Product Owner Office Hours
IRC office hours are now once per month.Below are the logs from the
most recent meetings and dates for the next ones.
#### #fedora-meeting-1
* Next Meeting: 2020-11-12 @ 1300 UTC on #fedora-meeting-1
#### #centos-meeting
* Next Meeting: 2020-11-10 @ 1500 UTC on #centos-meeting

## Background:
The Community Platform Engineering group, or CPE for short, is the Red
Hat team combining IT and release engineering from Fedora and CentOS.
Our goal is to keep core servers and services running and maintained,
build releases, and other strategic tasks that need more dedicated
time than volunteers can give.

See our wiki page here for more
information:https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/cpe/

As always, feedback is welcome, and we will continue to look at ways
to improve the delivery and readability of this weekly report.

Have a great week!

Aoife

Source: https://hackmd.io/8iV7PilARSG68Tqv8CzKOQ?view

--