[CentOS-devel] centos8 openvswitch-dpdk RPM

Alfredo Moralejo Alonso

amoralej at redhat.com
Wed Nov 4 09:58:31 UTC 2020

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 6:04 PM Satish Patel <satish.txt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for reply,
>
> I am using Openstack-Ansible deployment tool to run Openstack. I am
> running a stable/ussuri release at the moment. current OVS package
> coming from rdo-dep repository of Ussuri release. It would be great if
> we have openvswitch+DPDK supported RPM for that repo, otherwise i am
> stuck here and i have to re-compile RPM myself and need to pushout
> with a custom repo.  (Does victoria going to support the DPDK version
> of openvswitch?)

yes, Victoria has openvsiwtch 2.13 with dpdk enabled.

if you can move to victoria, it would be the easiest way and my
recommendation.

> [root at compute-1 SPECS]# ovs-vswitchd --version
> ovs-vswitchd (Open vSwitch) 2.12.0
> [root at compute-1 SPECS]#
>
> [root at compute-1 SPECS]# repoquery -i openvswitch
> Last metadata expiration check: 2:57:01 ago on Tue 03 Nov 2020 06:02:46 AM
> PST.
> Name         : openvswitch
> Version      : 2.12.0
> Release      : 1.1.el8
> Architecture : aarch64
> Size         : 1.9 M
> Source       : openvswitch-2.12.0-1.1.el8.src.rpm
> Repository   : rdo-deps
>
> [root at compute-1 SPECS]# cat /etc/yum.repos.d/rdo-deps.repo
> [rdo-deps]
> module_hotfixes=1
> baseurl = https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos8-ussuri/deps/latest/

AFAIK, Ussuri should work also with 2.13 but you need to do some steps:

1. Add NFV SIG repository:

dnf install -y centos-release-nfv-openvswitch

2. Package name change in NFS SIG from openvswitch to openvswitch2.13 so
you need some wrapper packages for compatibility. You can download those
wrappers from https://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=31051 (you need
all RPMs in noarch list), create a local repository with them and add it to
all nodes in the cluster.

Update all nodes and you should get openvswitch updated to new packages
openvswitch2.13 (and ovn2.13 if you are using ovn). Note that you may need
to re-enable and restart openvswitch services manually after the update.

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 10:47 AM Alfredo Moralejo Alonso