[CentOS-devel] Reminder: CentOS 6 EOL on 30 November 2020

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Mon Nov 30 08:25:09 UTC 2020

On 09/11/2020 14:24, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> All,
>
> This is a friendly reminder.
>
> CentOS 6.10 will EOL at the end of November 2020.
>
> During the first week in December 2020, the 6.10 directory will move to
> vault.centos.org
>
> Packages will still be available at:
>
> http://vault.centos.org/centos/6.10/
>
> However, once moved, there will be no more updates pushed to
> vault.centos.org.  Therefore, security issues will no longer be fixed,
> etc.
>
> You should take the rest of the month to either move to a newer versoin
> of CentOS Linux ... or to procure Extended el6 support from Red Hat (EUS
> RHEL 6).
>
> Thanks,
> Johnny Hughes

As announced multiple times (on list[s], twitter, glog.centos.org and
even https://c6eol.centos.org) , CentOs 6 is now EOL and so is being
retired from mirror network.
It's currently being moved to (capped and limited bandwidth)
vault.centos.org and will be removed from mirror.centos.org (and so
external mirrors in the next hours/days).
mirrorlist.centos.org will also (like we do for all
outdated/unmaintained and unsecured releases) start answering "invalid
release"

Kind Regards,

--
Fabian Arrotin