[CentOS-devel] Reminder: CentOS 6 EOL on 30 November 2020

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Mon Nov 30 12:39:21 UTC 2020

On 30/11/2020 11:18, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> On 11/30/20 10:25 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>> On 09/11/2020 14:24, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>>> All,
>>>
>>> This is a friendly reminder.
>>>
>>> CentOS 6.10 will EOL at the end of November 2020.
>>>
>>> During the first week in December 2020, the 6.10 directory will move to
>>> vault.centos.org
>>>
>>> Packages will still be available at:
>>>
>>> http://vault.centos.org/centos/6.10/
>>>
>>> However, once moved, there will be no more updates pushed to
>>> vault.centos.org.  Therefore, security issues will no longer be fixed,
>>> etc.
>>>
>>> You should take the rest of the month to either move to a newer versoin
>>> of CentOS Linux ... or to procure Extended el6 support from Red Hat (EUS
>>> RHEL 6).
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Johnny Hughes
>>>
>> As announced multiple times (on list[s], twitter, glog.centos.org and
>> even https://c6eol.centos.org) , CentOs 6 is now EOL and so is being
>> retired from mirror network.
>> It's currently being moved to (capped and limited bandwidth)
>> vault.centos.org and will be removed from mirror.centos.org (and so
>> external mirrors in the next hours/days).
>> mirrorlist.centos.org will also (like we do for all
>> outdated/unmaintained and unsecured releases) start answering "invalid
>> release"
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>

> Hello
>

> I guess you were one day too fast. RH released today an update for tbird
> so I guess today was the last day of support, not the first day after EOL.
>

> manuel

Hi Manuel,

Yes , was astonished myself to see one last update landing today
(thunderbird) but what we announced is still correct : after Johnny will
have built and pushed out thunderbird, we'll remove content from
mirror.centos.org "in the next days", while content was already pushed
out to vault.centos.org :)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab