[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7 (2009) in progress

Sarah Finn

sfinn at redhat.com
Fri Oct 2 09:25:53 UTC 2020

Great news Johnny, thanks for the update :)

On Tue, 29 Sep 2020 at 16:01, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

> On 9/29/20 9:47 AM, James Cassell wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, Sep 29, 2020, at 10:38 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> >> OK all .. RHEL 7.9 source code updated today.
> >>
> >> I am currently working to start the build of CentOS 7 based on that
> >> [CentOS 7 (2009) ].
> >>
> >> Currently, we need to bootstrap and then build llvm-toolset-9.0 and
> >> rust-toolset-1.41 as some of the released packages need those toolsets.
> >> I also need to check devtoolset-7 and devtoolset-8 and see if we need
> >> any updates to pacakges there before we start the main build .. and I
> >> need to see of any of the packages need devtoolset-9.
> >>
> >> Once we have all those prerequisites completed, I can start the main
> builds.
> >>
> >> The goal, as usual, is to get the CR repo populated in 7 to 10 days:
> >> https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CR
> >>
> >> And the final release completed in less than 40 days.
> >>

> > Awesome! Thanks for the transparency!
>
> Once I start the main builds, they will show up here for anyone who
> wants to see what has or has not yet built:
>
> https://buildlogs.centos.org/
>
> (in the c7.2009.00.$arch dir for GA release .. and c7.2009.u.$arch for
> updates to GA release).
>
> So, anyone who wants to can see what is built, what is not, any errors
> .. the build logs and root logs, etc. from mock.
>
> Also .. you can see the toolsets, etc.
>
> (c7-llvm-toolset-9.0.$arch c7-rust-toolset-1.41.$arch will be there once
> they sync out form the builders)
>
> Thanks,
> Johnny Hughes

Sarah Finn

She/Her

Agile Practitioner

Red Hat <https://www.redhat.com/>

Waterford, Ireland

sfinn at redhat.com
M: 0879830832
@RedHat <https://twitter.com/redhat>   Red Hat
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/red-hat>  Red Hat
<https://www.facebook.com/RedHatInc>
<https://www.redhat.com/>

I respect your work/life balance, no need to reply to this email if it is
outside of your normal working hours.
<https://mojo.redhat.com/docs/DOC-1199578>