[CentOS-devel] Backport cloud-init upstream bug fix

Trunet

trunet-centos at wsartori.com
Tue Oct 20 13:57:02 UTC 2020

Hello all,

Cloud-init 20.1 implemented a fix that is making me unable to fs_setup swap disk/partition.

What would be the correct way to have [ https://github.com/canonical/cloud-init/pull/143/files | https://github.com/canonical/cloud-init/pull/143/files ] backported to centos cloud-init 18.3 (from centos 7.8)?

My ugly fix for now is having `sed` on bootcmd cloud-config "applying" the patch for me. mkswap on bootcmd doesn't work as sometimes the volume is still not available and I will have to introduce a wait there as well.

Best regards,
Wagner Sartori Junior