[CentOS-devel] Backport cloud-init upstream bug fix

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Tue Oct 20 14:17:19 UTC 2020

On 20/10/2020 15:57, Trunet wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Cloud-init 20.1 implemented a fix that is making me unable to fs_setup
> swap disk/partition.
>
> What would be the correct way to
> have https://github.com/canonical/cloud-init/pull/143/files backported
> to centos cloud-init 18.3 (from centos 7.8)?
>
> My ugly fix for now is having `sed` on bootcmd cloud-config "applying"
> the patch for me. mkswap on bootcmd doesn't work as sometimes the volume
> is still not available and I will have to introduce a wait there as well.
>
> Best regards,
> Wagner Sartori Junior

Hi,

As there was a rebase to 19.4 for the upcoming 7.9.2009 release (see
https://git.centos.org/rpms/cloud-init/commits/c7) , the first thing
would be to verify if issue is still there.

7.9.2009 GA tree isn't yet released, but all built pkgs are already
available (and pushed to CR repo soon) on buildlogs.centos.org, and so
for cloud-init :
https://buildlogs.centos.org/c7.2009.00.x86_64/cloud-init/20201013154426/19.4-7.el7.centos.x86_64/

Now if problem is still there, the correct way to have a patch rolled in
would be to create an upstream report at bugzilla.redhat.com , with the
added patch and motivation about why it should be rolled in, and .. wait :)

Cheers,
--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab