[CentOS-devel] Module version differences between RHEL8 and Centos8?

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Wed Oct 7 16:46:08 UTC 2020

On 10/7/20 9:46 AM, Antal Nemeš wrote:

> [...]

BUT .. as stated before .. these are 2 different closed systems.

And in reality, because of modules, it IS different.  Our index number
will not match the RHEL index number.  Our git hash will not match the
RHEL git hash.

Also .. CentOS has NEVER validated any security updates.  We build
source code as released .. nothing more. It is all we have ever done.

When it was possible, we also linked to the Red Hat Errata info.  It is
no longer possible .. at least easily (as you have seen).  So we no
longer do that.

The CentOS project does not map security updates any differently than
any other update .. again, we never have.  We build and release updated
code when it is released.  Any other verification of 'fit for use' has
always been up to the end user.