[CentOS-devel] Module version differences between RHEL8 and Centos8?

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Thu Oct 8 11:05:46 UTC 2020

On 10/7/20 5:30 PM, Antal Nemeš wrote:

> [...]

Regardless .. it is on the link listed in solutions:

https://access.redhat.com/articles/11258

Quote:
Applying package updates on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8

Before installing an update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to the system have been applied.

No one tests for mixed and skipped errata .. RHEL or CentOS.

From a security only perspective, the security updates are obviously
most important. That does not make bugfix updates unimportant.

The only certified solution is the one on each active channel that
includes all released updates.  That is true regardless of the OS.

Red Hat does provide some updates in an extended tree for some releases,
but those EAS/EUS trees still require all the rpms to be the latest
released in that tree .. not a mixed and matched hodge podge where you
have older rpms mixed with newer rpms.