[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7 (2009) in progress

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Tue Sep 29 15:01:03 UTC 2020

On 9/29/20 9:47 AM, James Cassell wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 29, 2020, at 10:38 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>> OK all .. RHEL 7.9 source code updated today.
>>
>> I am currently working to start the build of CentOS 7 based on that
>> [CentOS 7 (2009) ].
>>
>> Currently, we need to bootstrap and then build llvm-toolset-9.0 and
>> rust-toolset-1.41 as some of the released packages need those toolsets.
>> I also need to check devtoolset-7 and devtoolset-8 and see if we need
>> any updates to pacakges there before we start the main build .. and I
>> need to see of any of the packages need devtoolset-9.
>>
>> Once we have all those prerequisites completed, I can start the main builds.
>>
>> The goal, as usual, is to get the CR repo populated in 7 to 10 days:
>> https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CR
>>
>> And the final release completed in less than 40 days.
>>

> Awesome! Thanks for the transparency!

Once I start the main builds, they will show up here for anyone who
wants to see what has or has not yet built:

https://buildlogs.centos.org/

(in the c7.2009.00.$arch dir for GA release .. and c7.2009.u.$arch for
updates to GA release).

So, anyone who wants to can see what is built, what is not, any errors
.. the build logs and root logs, etc. from mock.

Also .. you can see the toolsets, etc.

(c7-llvm-toolset-9.0.$arch c7-rust-toolset-1.41.$arch will be there once
they sync out form the builders)

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes