[CentOS-devel] Community Build Service (cbs): deprecating ppc64/armhfp builders

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Tue Apr 27 15:22:46 UTC 2021

On 4/27/21 6:39 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> Background story : for some SIGs building for/against 8-stream (and
> hopefully soon for/against 9-stream), we'd like to upgrade
> cbs.centos.org to koji 1.23 and all components on CentOS 8-stream.
>
> The current setup is based on koji 1.19 on top of CentOS 7 nodes.
> While we have tested that it works fine for all builds and signing with
> 8-straem (tracking ticket https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issue/233) we
> have though a "small" issue that we'd like to announce first here :
> 8-stream doesn't exist for the following architectures : ppc64 (Big
> Endian, while ppc64le - Little Endian - exists) and armhfp.
>
> I had a quick survey on what is being built/maintained (and so pushed
> out to mirror CDN) and ppc64/armhfp aren't even used. So it seems that
> removing ppc64/armhfp support from CBS is the way to go and it wouldn't
> hurt any SIG.

There is a separate 8 Linux hostname for armhfp and with the new
Automotive OS project, I have a feeling 8 Stream and 9 Stream armhfp
branches will open up.

Automotive OS:
https://www.redhat.com/en/about/press-releases/red-hat-sets-sights-delivering-first-continuously-certified-linux-platform-vehicles