[CentOS-devel] CentOS Stream Feature Request SIG Proposal

Fri Apr 9 16:37:52 UTC 2021
Aoife Moloney <amoloney at redhat.com>

Hi everyone,

I would like to share with you all a proposal I have submitted on creating
a SIG dedicated to reviewing and triaging feature requests that come from
CentOS Stream development intended for future RHEL releases.

The full proposal can be read on the CentOS wiki [0] and an issue has been
opened on the CentOS board tracker [1] for review and decision.

Here is the proposal summary and I welcome any thoughts, feedback and
discussion:

Purpose
The purpose of this SIG will be to serve as a gate for feature requests
that are first developed in CentOS Stream from contributors who wish to
request these features to be included in future RHEL releases and are then
filed in bugzilla. The SIGs overall goal is to make sure that features
which have been filed and have technical merit are triaged internally to
the correct venue for further review and development. The SIG will take
ownership of regular bugzilla reviews filed under Stream and map feature
requests from these bugzillas against the formal RHEL Feature Request
criteria to identify and file qualifying requests inside Red Hat to achieve
this.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Kindest regards,
Aoife,