[CentOS-devel] [Infra] - Planned outage : cbs.centos.org

Wed Apr 28 14:26:18 UTC 2021
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

Due to a major upgrade, we'll have to take the cbs/koji setup into
maintenance window.
We're basically upgrading from koji 1.19 running on CentOS 7 to koji
1.23 running on CentOS 8-stream, meaning a parallel reinstallation.

Migration is scheduled for """"Tuesday May 4th, 6:00 am UTC time"""".
You can convert to local time with `date -d '2021-05-04 06:00 UTC' `

The expected "downtime" is estimated to ~60 minutes , time needed to
 - backup/restore last postgresql dump ,
 - apply DB schema upgrade[s]
 - verify service and switch public IP to new kojihub.

We've already taken some kojid builders instance down (and reinstalled
with 8-stream already) and these will be the first ones to be attached
back to kojihub, and so letting you, SIG members, be able to submit
builds again asap.

The remaining kojid nodes will then be reinstalled with 8-stream too,
and enabled back normally on the same day, to be back at "full st[r]eam" :)

Thanks for your comprehending and patience.

on behalf of the Infra team,
--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab