[CentOS-devel] How do I request a new package repo in CentOS 8/9 Stream?

Thu Apr 15 18:45:38 UTC 2021
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 01:23:01PM -0400, Kaleb Keithley wrote:
> And I haven't even scratched the surface of modules in Fedora or EPEL.
> Stephen Gallegher and I had some conversations a couple years ago when
> Fedora modules were new about making GlusterFS modules, but the need then
> for modules was unclear, and I've never looked any further into that.

The basic idea here is that you could make a non-default module stream,
which when not enabled would never be installed from but when enabled, could
replace "normal" packages. And modularity lets you define the set of such
packages cleanly.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>