[CentOS-devel] Board of Directors: Nominations sought

Mon Apr 26 20:05:14 UTC 2021
Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com>

On 4/26/21 4:00 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
> Are self-nominations allowed?  I would assume so.

Yes, self-nominations are allowed.

> For nominations that are not self-nominations, will the Board reach
> out to the potential candidate to confirm they wish to remain in
> consideration for a Board seat before considering them in the meeting?

Yes. The Board will indeed discuss with the nominees, to be sure that
they are willing and able to serve, and that they have a chance to speak
with their employer/spouse/family/lawyer/advisors before they are put in
the list for final consideration.