[CentOS-devel] CentOS Stream 9 Buildsystem is publicly viewable

Tue Apr 27 11:36:03 UTC 2021
Josh Boyer <jwboyer at redhat.com>

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 5:05 AM Alexander Bokovoy <abokovoy at redhat.com> wrote:

> On ti, 27 huhti 2021, plageat at tut.by wrote:
> >   Judging by builds from https://kojihub.stream.centos.org
> >
> >   is there any chance > 0 %, that el9 will not contain modularity?

RHEL 9/CentOS Stream 9 will contain modules.  We expect the first
module to be added in the coming weeks.

> It is up to individual teams to use or not use the modularity feature.
>
> It will be available but some components already have already been
> de-modularized for various reasons. For example, IdM is de-modularized
> but will provide idm:client and idm:DL1 module streams that will have
> the same module stream profiles as before and will ship no components,
> only the profiles.

Generally speaking, many of the default streams in RHEL 8 will be
non-modular content in RHEL 9/CentOS Stream 9.  As newer versions are
added, they may show up as parallel available module streams.

josh