[CentOS-devel] Making EPEL available in CBS for SIG builds

Fri Apr 30 17:37:21 UTC 2021
Kaleb Keithley <kkeithle at redhat.com>

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:21 AM Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

> I would LOVE to make the EPEL repos available to build against in the
> CentOS buildroots.  I think it is a solid idea.

> Certainly for SIGs, I see no reason not to do it for CBS and/or any
> other SIG building location.

Yes, that's a better fit for how many people want to consume Storage SIG
packages.

E.g. Ceph's upstream CI builds using EPEL packages. And a lot of other
consumers of Storage SIG packages are using EPEL, and we sometimes run into
conflicts when they have EPEL enabled.

For C8 Stream I would have preferred to not have to build the two dozen or
so dependencies before I could build Ceph itself.

So +1 from me on being able to use EPEL in CBS for SIG packages.

--

Kaleb