[CentOS-devel] subversion / CS8 update / status of workflow

Wed Aug 4 13:28:04 UTC 2021
Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>

Hi,

inspired by a different thread here, I did a dnf distro-sync on
a CS8 node and noticed that subversion would be downgraded:

from
subversion-1.10.2-4.module_el8.3.0+703+ba2f61b7
subversion-1.10.2-3.module_el8.3.0+393+21cd8ae8

Coming from C8 and swapping the repos to CS8 leads to this
situation (especially when doing upgrade instead of distro-sync)
but that is not my point.

The above downgrade path recovered that subversion in CS8 still
does not have

# rpm -q --changelog
subversion-1.10.2-4.module_el8.3.0+703+ba2f61b7.x86_64 | head -3
* Mi Feb 10 2021 Joe Orton <jorton at redhat.com> - 1.10.2-4
- add security fix for CVE-2020-17525

Such question comes here and there again and again. How
does the package update process in CS8 looks like? Is the
process mature, any glitches. This subversion update already
exists in C8 since February. Why is it not incorporated into CS8?

Would CentOS Stream only be promoted as "upstream" development
platform, then ... but its also promoted as successor of CentOS
Linux for people with production fleeds.

I do not argue that C8S should be like C8 (in a wider sense) but
at least it should have some basal property (like updates are at
most after 1 or 2 month all there or so ...).

Any insight about the goal of the current process? Any wiki or doc page
for that? Some transparency would be my main goal, to have base for
decisions ...

I'd really appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
Leon