[CentOS-devel] [infra] : Planned outage : CI environment

Mon Aug 9 13:36:29 UTC 2021
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

Due to a previous hardware issue
(https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/ci-users/2020-October/002124.html),
we had a workaround in place that is still in place but is actually
blocking a reorg of the infra used behind ci.centos.org.

We are announcing a maintenance window that will permit us to move
network switches, and reconfigure the network properly , allowing also
us to redeploy/load balance our workload across remaining available
infrastructure.

Migration is scheduled for """"Tuesday August 17th, 1:00 pm UTC time"""".
You can convert to local time with $(date -d '2021-08-17 13:00 UTC')

The expected "downtime" is estimated to ~60 minutes , time needed to
migrate services, reconfigure network switch and restart the nodes
connected to new network switch.

Impacted services in CI env:

- duffy API (unavailable during the move to other hypervisor, so
normally unavailable for ~10min) : no way to request a duffy node for
bare-metal tests
- jenkins (aka ci.centos.org) and all agents connected to it
- cloud.cico (opennebula infra used to provide Virtual Machines for CI
tenants)

Thanks for your comprehending and patience.

on behalf of the Infra team,

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab