[CentOS-devel] Pre-release version of CentOS Stream 9.

Kaleb Keithley

kkeithle at redhat.com
Tue Aug 10 19:21:24 UTC 2021

On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 1:58 PM Scott Dowdle <dowdle at montanalinux.org>
wrote:

> Please note that once installed you can't use your package manager because
> the CS9 repositories haven't been setup yet... so if there is something you
> want to try, it's probably a good idea to select it at install time...
> although you can certainly mount the .iso image post install and manually
> install any of the rpms on the media.

I've been updating my cs9 vm from the repos at
https://composes.stream.centos.org/test/latest-CentOS-Stream/compose/BaseOS/$basearch/os

I don't remember whether I cobbled up my own repo file or downloaded one
from somewhere but I get the HA, appstream, and Code Ready Builder (CRB)
updates from there too. (There are also NFV, RT, ResiliantStorage, SAP, and
SAPHANA repos too.)

I just successfully updated mine about an hour ago (Aug 10, 17:00 UTC or
so). E.g. I got the latest available kernel,
kernel-5.14.0-0.rc4.35.el9.x86_64

--

Kaleb