[CentOS-devel] Proposal: CentOS Public Board Meetings

Rich Bowen

rbowen at redhat.com
Wed Aug 11 12:53:32 UTC 2021

On 8/11/21 3:22 AM, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 11:51 AM Thomas Oulevey <thomas.oulevey at cern.ch> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> As announced last month, starting in the August board of directors
>> meeting, we are inviting the entire CentOS community to attend.
>
>> I hope some of you can join
>>
>> Also please feel free to propose improvements to this process or tools
>> we use. Nothing is set in stone.
>
> 24 hours notice was too little time to see the notice and plan to
> attend. Some of us have day jobs: 48 or 72 hours advance notice would
> have been very helpful. An invitation process that requires

Agreed. We were still figuring out the tooling (ie, registering the Zoom
account and so on) yesterday. Next time, we plan to have more warning.
We appreciate your patience as we work this out.

Meanwhile, please do note that the board meeting is at the same time of
day, on the second Wednesday of the month, next month, and has been at
this time/date for the past several years. So if you want to block out
that time for next month, here's your advance warning.

> registration by personal email and personal invitations also does not
> sound like an invitation to the community and leaves no opportunity
> for anonymous attendance, only post-meeting minutes or recordings that

We went this way in order to avoid the situation where random Internet
trolls join and disrupt the meeting. That is what happened a couple of
months ago when I posted the URL for a meeting publicly (on Twitter). We
had people disrupting the entire time, playing loud music, shouting
profanity, and so on. We'd prefer to avoid that.

If you have alternate solutions to propose, please do let us know.

> may be redacted without notice. If a redaction is needed, a specific
> notice that "we cut the mike for someone's medical privacy, they're
> fine now!" would help reassure us that the *really good stuff* is not
> getting snipped. There were times in my career when that need to cut
> the mike was for *me*, so I can sympathize.
>
> A link to the previous meeting's agenda and especially to the previous
> meeting's minutes would be especially welcome. Might those be
> available?

All of the past meeting minutes that I have access to are posted here:
https://git.centos.org/centos/board/blob/master/f/meetings

(There might be some still missing - I'm still looking through old
archives and whatnot.)

We also post the minutes from each meeting to the blog -
https://blog.centos.org/category/board-minutes/ - typically within a
week of the meeting.