[CentOS-devel] CentOS Stream 9 timetable

Brian Stinson

bstinson at redhat.com
Thu Aug 19 19:03:34 UTC 2021

On 8/19/21 1:38 PM, Steven Rosenberg via CentOS-devel wrote:
> Can anybody provide a rough estimate on a release (Alpha, Beta, RC, etc) of CentOS Stream 9 -- the point where we can install and then update from the repo?

Just a reminder, there are no distinguished Alpha, Beta, or RC
'releases' of Stream, Stream always just moves forward.

Some important things need to happen before we can put content on the
mirrors:

- Signed packages need to make it to the composes (I expect this on the
order of days)

- We need to set up the mirror directories and push the content to the
mirror network (I expect this to wrap up on the order of a few weeks)

- We need to update the mirrorlist/metalink infrastructure to work with
the new directory layout (I also expect this to wrap up on the order of
a few weeks)

Until then, you can consume what we call the 'production' composes:
https://composes.stream.centos.org/production/

Those represent the bits that we expect to sync to the mirrors regularly
going forward.

--Brian