[CentOS-devel] Proposal: CentOS Public Board Meetings

Wed Aug 11 07:53:14 UTC 2021
Thomas Oulevey <thomas.oulevey at cern.ch>

Hi Nico,

Thank you for your feedback.

> 24 hours notice was too little time to see the notice and plan to
> attend. Some of us have day jobs: 48 or 72 hours advance notice would
> have been very helpful.

Duly noted, Yes and it's because we put in place all the new tools
(hackmd, Zoom) and it's the holiday period. It's our first time with
this format so please be understanding :)

The target for next time is to announce one week in advance (1st Wed of
the Month).

> An invitation process that requires
> registration by personal email and personal invitations also does not
> sound like an invitation to the community and leaves no opportunity
> for anonymous attendance, only post-meeting minutes or recordings that
> may be redacted without notice. If a redaction is needed, a specific
> notice that "we cut the mike for someone's medical privacy, they're
> fine now!" would help reassure us that the *really good stuff* is not
> getting snipped. There were times in my career when that need to cut
> the mike was for *me*, so I can sympathize.

We will make it very clear if the video is edited !

The anonymous attendance discussion should happen on this list.

My opinion if the community really want it and the tools allow it, we
can try to live stream the meeting.
Would it be ok as a "read-only" way to attend ?

Please also keep in mind, that we don't have unlimited resources to
organize a 1 hour Monthly meeting.

> A link to the previous meeting's agenda and especially to the previous
> meeting's minutes would be especially welcome. Might those be
> available?

 From now on, yes, everything will be published in hackmd.io or on the
blog post. Links can be found in the Agenda for previous minutes.

For previous agenda, I don't see a lot of value to rewrite them in md
from the old .doc files.

In the future they will be organized by tags in hackmd, for easy access.

--
Thomas Oulevey