[CentOS-devel] CentOS Stream 9 timetable

Thu Aug 19 19:19:28 UTC 2021
Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>

On 19.08.21 21:03, Brian Stinson wrote:

> On 8/19/21 1:38 PM, Steven Rosenberg via CentOS-devel wrote:
>> Can anybody provide a rough estimate on a release (Alpha, Beta, RC, etc) of CentOS Stream 9 -- the point where we can install and then update from the repo?

> Just a reminder, there are no distinguished Alpha, Beta, or RC
> 'releases' of Stream, Stream always just moves forward.
>
> Some important things need to happen before we can put content on the
> mirrors:
>
> - Signed packages need to make it to the composes (I expect this on the
> order of days)
>
> - We need to set up the mirror directories and push the content to the
> mirror network (I expect this to wrap up on the order of a few weeks)
>
> - We need to update the mirrorlist/metalink infrastructure to work with
> the new directory layout (I also expect this to wrap up on the order of
> a few weeks)
>
> Until then, you can consume what we call the 'production' composes:
> https://composes.stream.centos.org/production/
>
> Those represent the bits that we expect to sync to the mirrors regularly
> going forward.

Build roots of Stream 9 are already in COPR.

I would like to test some rebuilds in COPR.
Is there any DistGit instance already selectable in COPR?

If not - how does the git URI look like to use SCM as source and
which type to select (rpkg, tito) in the build interface of COPR?

Maybe its to early to ask such things...

--
Thanks
Leon