[CentOS-devel] Missing devel packages (librest)

Tue Dec 14 20:54:49 UTC 2021
IBBoard <centosdevel at ibboard.co.uk>

I use the Open Build Service on build.opensuse.org to build packages for
CentOS (and other distros), including the Cawbird Twitter client.

Cawbird is currently failing for CentOS 8 (Streams and non-Streams)
because nothing provides `pkgconfig(rest-0.7)`.

Looking on pkgs.org, I can see rest-0.8.1-2.el8.x86_64.rpm for CentOS 8
when searching "rest"[1] but only see rest-devel packages in OKey and
Raven repos[2].

I'm vaguely familiar with Koji from Fedora and so I found what appears
to be the CentOS Koji build server. It appears that rest-devel was last
built in late November[3] and is flagged as "expired" but the main rest
package was built two days ago[4] (but still flagged as "expired"!)

Is this normal? Does anyone know why there would be binary/library
packages but not devel packages published?

Thanks,

IBBoard

[1] https://pkgs.org/search/?q=rest
[2] https://pkgs.org/search/?q=rest-devel