[CentOS-devel] CentOS Stream 8 : samba-4.15.2-2.el8

Thu Dec 16 14:57:25 UTC 2021
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 12/15/21 14:45, Brian Stinson wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 15, 2021, at 02:28, Alex Iribarren wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Thanks for the quick response, Johnny. I believe this issue would have
>> been caught by this QA test:
>>
>> https://github.com/CentOS/sig-core-t_functional/pull/69

I tried to pull that in and it caused issues, I have not had time to
figure out why.  I am sure we can get some time to figure it out soon.

>> Sadly, it's still not merged. Has it just fallen through the cracks?
>
> Likely yes. I'll get this reviewed shortly.
>

>> I'd like to also take this opportunity to ask about the status of the
>> CS9 public QA integration tests. I know they won't be using
>> sig-core-t_functional and I was told some months ago to stay tuned, but
>> I'm interested to know how it's going. Basically, I want to add a test
>> like this one to make sure these sorts of things don't happen in the future.
>
> The true cause of this issue is that we do Stream 8 builds after RHEL builds happen and maintainers are not in control of when code is dropped for CentOS Stream. In Stream 9 maintainers are in full control of what gets released together.
>
> Adding a test like this to Stream 9 would indeed provide an extra layer of assurance though. The framework for compose-wide testing is something we're still working on.

So, as we move the CentOS Stream 8 process to be the same as the CentOS
Stream 9 process .. it will be more of the RHEL gating/developer tests
and less of (or no) t_functional testing for Stream 8.

There is a process to move the way CentOS Steam 8 is being done to the
CentOS Stream 9 process .. obviously, developing RHEL9 is the priority.

As with everything this is going to take time.  But once Stream 8 is
being done like Stream 9, these sort of things will happen much less often.

<snip>

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes