[CentOS-devel] First round of RHEL programs announced

Marcin Juszkiewicz

marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org
Mon Feb 1 15:55:37 UTC 2021

W dniu 22.01.2021 o 19:59, Josh Boyer pisze:
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 1:54 PM redbaronbrowser via CentOS-devel

>> They are also setting a termination date for the official centos8
>> docker hub image with no replacement being provided by RHEL.
>
> The official RHEL UBI images can be found in the Red Hat Container
> Catalog and do not require registration or entitlement to pull or
> use, and are expressly created to allow full redistribution.

I am one of developer in OpenStack Kolla where we use(d) centos:8 as a
base for our OpenStack containers. With no centos:8-stream images it
looks like we will need to move to RHEL UBI8 one instead.

And then remove subscription-manager from it, add all CentOS Stream,
CentOS SIGs repos.

Which probably will not be far from using centos:8 and moving it to use
Stream. And this is even easier as image already has needed repositories.

>> There is no official centosstream on docker hub and I question how
>> much a streamlatest image would ever be used.
>
> Brian has a solution for this coming.

Waiting for it too.