[CentOS-devel] Source code missing, and insecure delivery pages linked

Chris Drake

cryptophoto at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 20:42:04 UTC 2021

The irrational suggestion that maybe some participants might be less
willing to mirror secure resources is absurd - if anything, it will be the
opposite - no security-conscious service is going to want to be associated
with distributing insecure binaries.

Please stop making this worse - if you can't or don't want to fix it, go
away and assign this to someone who cares about our security.

Like I said in my report - CentOS is not secure during installation or
build, because missing and mismatched signatures exist and are ignored.
Distributing files from insecure servers is a vector that makes those
oversights exploitable.