[CentOS-devel] False statement about insecurity made on Wiki

Leon Fauster

leonfauster at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 10 15:51:57 UTC 2021

Am 10.02.21 um 16:36 schrieb redbaronbrowser:

> But "mirrorlist.centos.org" is under CentOS direct control.  Also, the centos-linux-repos is authored by CentOS.

I am not part of the CentOS team therefore "non-authoritative answer".

I was also subject to this assumption, but if I have understood it
correctly "mirrorlist.centos.org" is glued together with
sponsored/community donated machines. So, not in the realm of CentOS.

Just do:

$ dig +short -t A mirrorlist.centos.org

--
Leon