[CentOS-devel] RFC: Stream Kernel SIG Proposal

Wed Feb 10 19:17:18 UTC 2021
redbaronbrowser <redbaronbrowser at protonmail.com>

On Wednesday, January 20, 2021 9:31 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:

> I've confirmed with the team, the git repo is going to be all the normal git patches you would expect (IE: not arbitrarily munged together in some way). There's one or two more things they're configuring with gitlab and they expect to have an actual repo that you can look at / poke at to validate what I'm saying in a few weeks.
>
> -Mike

Mike, is there any status update on individual patches applied to Stream's kernel?

Can we move forward with this SIG so I can publish the information I already have?

What about a Stream Plus kernel? The directory for Stream still has no packages at all.

Or delivering kpatch live security updates without a reboot?

I am ready to move forward immediately if the SIG is approved. Is there a reason to wait another "few weeks"?