[CentOS-devel] CentOS Stream Container images available on quay.io

Thu Feb 11 16:11:16 UTC 2021
Brian Stinson <bstinson at redhat.com>

Hi folks,

CentOS Stream container images are now readily available!

podman pull quay.io/centos/centos:stream

OR

podman pull quay.io/centos/centos:stream8

## Tags·

We expect the 'stream' tag to automatically move forward to new Streams as
they come on board. This means when CentOS Stream 9 becomes the Live Stream,
quay.io/centos/centos:stream will have 9 based content.

The 'stream8' tag can be used while Stream 8 is Live, and during the overlap
period between Stream 8 and Stream 9.

A 'stream9' tag will be created at the appropriate time to serve the same
purpose.

You can browse through all of the tags for the CentOS repository here:
https://quay.io/repository/centos/centos?tab=tags

## Next Steps

- We are still in discussions on how to push these properly to Dockerhub.
Since
  CentOS is an Official Image, there are some extra requirements here that
  we're working through.

If you have questions you can find us on the centos-devel mailing list
(centos-devel at centos.org) or in #centos-stream on Freenode

Cheers!

--
Brian Stinson